Who We Are
CRAN Microfinance currently operates within rural and urban communities across several districts in the Central Regions of Ghana.
CRAN Microfinance, which is professionally managed and distinctively separate from other CRAN entities, with the aim to use microfinance as an effective tool for poverty reduction became fully incorporated as a Microfinance Institution (MFI) in 2008.
CRAN Microfinance is 90 percent owned by CRAN and 10 percent owned by Adom Business Ventures Ltd and licensed by the Bank of Ghana as a Tier 2 Deposit Taking Microfinance Company.
From 1998 till date, CRAN has provided microfinance services in the form of:
Credit with education and Personal Financial Management services.
Village banking and ‘Susu’ savings Schemes.
Entrepreneurial training to over 50,000 poor households (80% being women).
The Christian Rural Aid Network (CRAN) is a rural development, advocacy and relief organisation dedicated to working with the rural poor, women, children, families and their communities. CRAN, established in 1993, with its seat in Cape Coast in the Central Region of Ghana, was founded by a small group of University teachers and development professionals led by Dr. Patrick Agbesinyale who trained as a development planner. CRAN MICROFINANCE LTD is a subsidiary of CRAN
MISSION AND VISION
The mission of CRAN Microfinance is to meet the needs of the productive poor and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) in rural and peri-urban communities with emphasis on women and the vulnerable through Micro Loans; and Micro Savings in an excellent and professional manner.
Our vision is communities without poverty
ORGANIZATION & LEGAL STRUCTURE
- CRAN Microfinance limited is a registered limited liability company incorporated in Ghana on 27th November, 2008 under the companies Code 1963 Act 179.
- The Company is a Non-Bank Financial Institution Certified by the Bank of Ghana as a Tier 2 Deposit Taking Microfinance Company in December 2014.
- CRAN MF currently has Four microfinance units/branches located in Cape Coast (Head Office), Abura, Elmina, Twifo Praso, which together serve mainly rural and urban clients.
- CRAN as the mother organisation is registered as an NGO (under the Companies Code 1963, Act 179) with the Registrar General’s Department (Registration No: 56925), and also with the Department of Social Welfare (Registration No. DSW/671).
- CRAN is also registered in PADOR and her Europe Aid ID Number is: GH-2010-DPJ-2311748689. CRAN’s D-U-N-S Number is: 850511836.
What makes us unique
- One does not need to save with us for six months before you get a loan
- About 90% of our clients are in the rural areas
- About 92% of the clients we serve are productive poor women
- We don’t just give loans to our clients but we train them
- We offer other free services like prevention of communicable diseases, sexual and reproductive health education among others with the help of experts
- We defy all odds to go to the extreme rural areas where others will not go
- We listen to our clients and always ensure they are happy
Business sustainability despite high cost of doing business and non availability of grants
Transformed over 80,000 lives from total poverty towards self sustainability
We are present in over 1000 communities across the country
Survived the Global financial Crises when a lot of microfinance companies collapsed
Insurance cover for all loans disbursed to our clients